20: Growling–Is it a Good Thing?
Growling is your dog’s warning that there’s a problem and he needs some help. Colleen Pelar and Julie Fudge Smith discuss what you can do when things are heading in the wrong direction for your dog.
Listen to our How to Choose a Dog Trainer episode, and then use these links to begin your trainer search:
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG)
Julie’s blogs on growling:
- Growling is a good thing! Really!
- Not all bites are created equal.
- And on teaching your dog to trade: This for That
Whole Dog Journal Article: 5 Steps to Deal with Dog Growling