44: Alternative Medicine for Family Dogs
Alternative or integrative medicine offers different ways of approaching the health and well being of your dog. Julie Fudge Smith talks with Dr. Jim Carlson of the Lifetime Pet Wellness Center about Chiropractic care, acupuncture, cold laser therapy, ozone treatments and much more. Learn what integrative medicine has to offer your family dog.
Dr. Carlson’s recommendations:
To find an integrative vet:
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
- Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine for the chi institute and doctor locator.
- The Healing Oasis Wellness Center
Other Resources from Dr. Carlson:
- http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/dr-karen-becker.aspx for Dr Karen Becker and a good email newsletter.
- www.price-pottenger.org for information on nutrition and other things. For a copy of the book on Pottinger’s cats see: Pottenger’s Cats: A Study in Nutrition.
- https://www.antiagingmedicine.com/treatments/ozone-therapy for ozone information from one of the ozone gurus.
- http://o3vets.com/a-brief-history-of-ozone/ is also good little article on ozone.