57: Cats & Dogs Can Be Friends
Steve Dale, a certified animal behavior consultant, radio host, author, and all-around nice guy, joined Julie Fudge Smith and Colleen Pelar to talk about helping cats and dogs become great friends.
Links that may interest you:
- Steve’s blog is full of great stories and tips for about pets (and other animals too)
- Colleen’s humorous, personal story of introducing her cat and dog told at a Better Said Than Done storytelling event
- Catnip and catnip spray
- CatWise: America’s Favorite Cat Expert Answers Your Cat Behavior Questions, Pam Johnson Bennett
- FearFreePets.com, taking the “pet” out of “petrified.” Check the directory to find a fear-free veterinarians near you.
- Feliscratch, product to relieve stress and promote appropriate scratching behavior
- Indoor Hunting Feeder, Steve’s favorite interactive cat feeder. Enter code WINNFELINE to have the retailer make a donation to the Winn Feline Foundation Supporting Cat Health Research.
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Pheromones to help dogs (Adaptil) and cats (Feliway)
- Vertical scratching post that Colleen likes because it is sturdy enough for her cat, Deacon, to lean fully into while he stands on his hind legs and scratches. (One reason many scratching posts don’t get used is that they aren’t stable and secure.)