75: Affordable Pet Ownership
Colleen Pelar and Julie Fudge Smith talk about cost-effective ways to feed (including a very clever way to make dog treats), vaccinate, and spay or neuter your dog, so that pet ownership remains a joy, not a burden.
Julie’s blog on food: Food, glorious food!
Links for Diamond Naturals Food:
Vaccination Clinics (all three allow you to search by zip code for the clinic closest to you):
- Tractor Supply Company, TSC Microchip Services (The vet service at TSC is called PetVet), 800-427-7973
- Petco, Petco Microchip Services (Petco’s vet service is called Vetco), 877-VET-SHOTs
- Walgreens (Shot clinics at Walgreens are called ShotVet), 800-550-1391
Low Cost Spay or Neuter programs (search by zip code):
- The Humane Society of the United States (this link includes information on locating a spay/neuter program as well as their “list of national and state resources for pet owners in need.”
- ASPCA (includes handy instructions for viewing this page on your mobile device!)
- Blog on making dog treats: No more cutting! Making 500 Non-crumbly Dog Treats from a Mold
- Silicone baking mat used in the blog.